Hudson Taylor began the China Inland Mission in 1865 with a vision to reach the millions of Chinese who did not live along the coast of that country and therefore had less access to the gospel. He pioneered creative approaches to sharing the gospel while respecting the language and culture of each group of people.
Today, known as OMF International, we work across East Asia, and amongst East Asia's peoples in a variety of places around the world. Our passion and joy is for God’s glory among the people of East Asia as we work to see biblical communities of believers rising up among unreached people groups. We plant churches that have a vision to plant more churches, reaching out to people in their own culture as well as crossing cultures themselves.
Our distinctives are:
- An extensive prayer base – our work is preceded and infused with prayer.
- A focus on unreached people groups – OMF has a focus on more than 105 people groups in East Asia.
- We focus on Church movements – churches which plant churches.
- We have a commitment to care for, and develop, our members.
- We value the local culture and languages, and partner and serve with local churches and Christians.
- We are a multinational, multicultural and multi-generational team.
We believe that everyone in the Body of Christ has a role to play in God’s great Mission in some way, and that it is as we partner together in this task that the Lord would be pleased to bless us with His presence, power and resources.
For further information on the work of OMF, you can visit their website here.